Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
A number of opportunities are available to join the Airbus Defence & Space 2017 Graduate Programme as a Marketing Graduate in the following business lines:
- Intelligence Programme: The supplier of choice for commercial satellite imagery, ISR (Intelligence, Security and Reconnaissance) applications and related services. Airbus Defence and Space has unrivalled expertise in satellite imagery acquisition, data processing, fusion, dissemination and intelligence extraction allied to significant command and control capabilities. Our extensive experience includes data acquisition, processing, data management and hosting, we deliver sustainable solutions across a comprehensive range of markets, addressing defence & security, commercial and civil institutional customers.
- Secure Communications: World leaders in providing global fixed and mobile secure communication services to governments, militaries and security forces. Airbus Defence and Space has unrivalled expertise in providing satellite communication services and secure network services using best-in-class solutions. Our customer's include all home-countries, as well as the Middle East, Nordics, US and Asia, we offer a truly global service across land, sea and air platforms.
Main activities will include:
- Assist in detailed market research and analysis across strategic market domains; researching competitor activity; analysing market demographics; identifying potential target markets or gaps in the market; reporting strategy analysis to senior management to ensure that all business development activities are optimised.
- Understand industry dynamics and apply Strategic and Marketing concepts and reasoning methodologies to real business challenges (campaigns; portfolio management, corporate Strategy) and draw realistic conclusions and recommendations.
- Delivery of external marketing activities. You will have the opportunity to support operational marketing campaigns and undertake various tasks within the marketing mix. This could include the creation and production of brochure and datasheet collateral, website content development, communications, events management and customer briefings.
- Working closely with global sales leads in managing sales campaign activities. This could involve maintaining a CRM database, pipeline reporting, customer and competitor benchmarking and analysis.
These role will be based in Stevenage, Portsmouth or Guilford (must be flexible) and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £26,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Marketing, Business or related subject.
- A broad understanding of the concepts of Marketing.
- An understanding of the use of social media in a marketing context.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and creative skills.
- Commercial awareness.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 25th November 2016.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact us via email. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!