Project Management Graduate
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
As a Project Management Graduate on the Airbus Defence & Space 2017 Graduate Programme, you will have the opportunity to get involved in all aspects of project delivery and gain an understanding of project management lifecycles and methodologies. Working alongside experienced project managers, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of complex and high-profile Engineering projects within Space and Secure Communications, allowing you to develop broad understanding of all areas of the business. Airbus Defence & Space is aligned with the Association for Project Management (APM) and Project Management Institute (PMI).
Main activities will include:
- Manage a variety of projects ranging from product development through to service delivery.
- Develop expertise in scheduling, financial control, risk management, quality management and supplier management.
- Close interaction with multi-functional teams, developing understanding of different functional areas.
- Main interface with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Contributing to reporting for internal and external customers.
These roles will be based in Stevenage or Portsmouth (must be flexible) and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £26,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Business, Project Management, Engineering or related subject.
- An understanding of project management lifecycle phases and methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and problem solving skills.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 25th November 2016.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact us via email. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!