Engineering Internship - Wing Tolerancing & Key Characteristics
The Airbus Key Characteristics and Tolerancing (KC&T) Engineering department provides specialist tolerance support to all new and existing Airbus programmes, working on structures, systems, cabin and cargo, and working with the manufacturing, quality and other specialist functions.
The department has representatives in the UK, France and Germany, and is managed centrally from Toulouse.
- During the internship you will support the department to provide the engineering programmes with specialist tolerance inputs:
- 1D/2D tolerance analysis using stack-chaining methods and tools
- 3D tolerance analysis using CATIA V5 3D CAD and integrated 3D tolerances software
- Identification and management of Key Characteristic / Critical Items
- Identification and management of tolerance share agreements and definition for engineering drawings
- Creation and update of frontier drawings
You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the internship, studying towards an Engineering degree.
- You should also have the following skills:
- Ability to work in a multi-functional team environment
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good report writing skills
- Competent user of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word
In addition, the following will be beneficial but are not essential:
- Knowledge of tolerancing standards (ISO, GD&T (Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing)/ GPS)
- Awareness or experience of tolerancing methods
- Awareness or experience of 3D modelling techniques and tools (CAD software, CATIA)
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!