Graduate Ground Systems Engineer
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The Ground Systems Group undertakes a variety of end-to-end and ground segments related projects starting from the preliminary feasibility studies until the integration and validation of operational systems. Current projects include Galileo, Galileo Second Generation (G2G), EGNOS and UK Space Agency exploration projects.
Main activities will include:
- Linear algebra applied to Digital Signal Processing
- High performance computing
- Microwave propagation applied to GNSS and satellite communication systems
- Defining customer requirements, architecture design, systems implementation, integration and validation
- Contributing to reports and proposals
This role will be based in Portsmouth and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £26,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Physics, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Aerospace Engineering or related subject.
- Demonstrable theoretical understanding of physical processes.
- Proactive with good problem solving and team working skills.
Knowledge or experience in any of the following is advantageous:
- Linear algebra (quantum mechanics) ¤ An understanding of radio frequency, radio signalling and radio propagation
- Complex algorithm processing
- High performance computing
- Linux / Unix operating systems.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 25th November 2016.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact us via email. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!