Graduate Maintenance & Support Engineer
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The role of Graduate Maintenance & Support Engineer is based in the Airbus Defence and Space Satellite Communications UK Government Maintenance and Support department. The department is involved in a wide range of engineering support, logistics and Through Life Support activities undertaken by four dedicated departments focussed on delivering satellite communications based services Worldwide. Our Vision is to be rated by our Customers as their Number One Supplier, through World Class Delivery of Maintenance and Support for all our Services and Projects. World Class Delivery means delivering what we promised to the Customer, promising what we can deliver and constantly striving to improve so that we can promise to deliver more. Airbus Defence and Space is a prime contractor for the designing and building of the complete Skynet 5 system and the UK MOD has procured satellite communications services from Airbus Defence and Space up to 2022.
Main activities will include:
- Supporting the Integrated Support Managers who act as the single point of contact for all support matters on a service basis, both internally and for the Customer. This includes co-ordination of support inputs for bids / projects, undertaking continuous service improvement initiatives and assisting with the preparation and control of support budgets.
- Involvement in the management of preventative and corrective maintenance and technical support for the maintenance and sustainability of equipment, systems and services. This involves end-to-end customer focused technical support, including quick response telephone and field support.
- Supportability and sustainability engineering, including statistical analysis of systems and services and support contract supplier management. In addition, the continual review of sustainability issues to ensure system performance matches customer expectation. Further, logistic control and coordination of a worldwide delivery Service.
- Involvement in the creation, delivery, assurance and review of training and technical publications for the use of systems.
This role will be based at Hawthorn (Corsham) and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £26,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, Physics or related discipline.
- An interest in telecommunications, a career in service delivery and operating in a technical environment.
- Systematic, logical and critical approach to work and problem solving.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including report writing.
- Good team working skills.
- An understanding of finance and project management would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 25th November 2016.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact us via email. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!