Graduate Manufacturing Engineer
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The role of Graduate Manufacturing Engineer is based in the Communications Products Group (CPG), a world leader in Digital Processors and other Payload Equipment for Telecommunication Satellites, with work being undertaken for a range of national and international customers. The responsibility of the group covers research and development of new digital processor products and RF products, manufacture and test of flight electronic equipment and in-orbit operational support. It is an exciting time to join CPG, as new products are being developed to meet the needs of tomorrow's digitally-processed satellite payloads.
As a Graduate Manufacturing Engineer you will gain experience in Manufacturing Engineering and Production Control. Main activities will include:
- Working on new and existing designs for RF and digital products and creating complex work instructions and routing cards (manufacturing flow). You will work in conjunction with a Design Engineer and the assembly team.
- Design for manufacture (DFM).
- Developing new manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Working closely with clean room assembly and test operators.
This role will be based in Portsmouth and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £26,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related subject.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Process Engineering and DFM.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Project.
- Good team working skills.
- Experience of using AutoCAD is advantageous.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 25th November 2016.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact us via email. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!