Failure Analysis Support Internship
The Materials, Process & Test (M&P+T) Transnational Integrated Laboratory is responsible for leading and performing a wide range of analytical tests and failure analysis investigations across the complete Airbus family. This includes investigations originating via Research & Technology (R&T), Development & Qualification of new Materials/Parts, Structural Testing, Manufacturing, Flight Test and In-Service support to airline customers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Integrated Laboratory team for an Analytical Test & Failure Analysis Investigator. The successful candidate will work on a wide range of interesting and challenging technical tests and investigations involving various investigative techniques including Metallography, Optical Microscopy, Fractrographic analysis by SEM, Chemical Analysis and many others.
This role includes both "hands on" laboratory activities, technical reporting of the investigation findings and all other pre-requisite activities expected when performing an investigation or test.
- Work in a team and use the advantages of teamwork, both local and transnationally to secure the investigation delivery.
- Collect and evaluate the technical information and background relevant for a Failure Analysis investigation or analytical test requirement.
- Support the launch, leadership and Kick off Meeting of the requested activity.
- Liaise with teams from M&P+T, Stress, Design, F&DT and Program Engineering
- Perform the related technical assessment and prepare the technical report for review by teams specialists and experts.
You must be undergraduate for the full duration of the Internship, studying towards a degree in one of the following:
- Materials / Material Science
- Chemical, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- Team working and communication skills.
- Be able to develop understanding of the failure and support the investigations planning.
- Wlling to gain technical knowledge about the equipment to be used in the lab to practice the technical competence.
- To be aware of the basic environment, health and safety rules for a lab and contributes to follow and improve them.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!