Information Management - Engineering internship
To stay on top, Airbus Group recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus Group. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus Group and should benefit your future studies.
The IDSA department is part of the larger Airbus ICT (Information Communication Technology) organisation. This organisation is responsible for supporting Aircraft projects with the software tools they require.
The role is suitable for a student studying an IT-related degree, or a student studying an Engineering degree but with a keen IT interest.
The intern will be assisting the core EAT (Engineering Application Toolkit) team with development & support of EAT. EAT is a transnational tool (based on Python) that can be used to provide solutions to complex engineering problems in multidisciplinary domains.
During the internship you may be involved in:
- Integration of Eclipse Integrated Development Environment with EAT Framework
- Development of 'ezgui' library to simplify graphical user interface design for EAT development community
- Working closely with customers to design and develop application solutions in different Engineering domains (Stress Engineering, Aerodynamics, Fuel Systems etc)
- Design, development & documentation of tools to enable the EAT support team to work more efficiently
Over the course of a placement year the intern will have an opportunity to learn various skills, including:
- Technical application development skills in a real environment
- Software development processes in a large company
- Knowledge of Engineering processes in the aerospace design industry
- Team working skills
- The opportunity to suggest & realise their own ideas for improving EAT
You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement and should be studying towards an ICT or Engineering (with an interest is IT) degree, or similar.
You should also have the following skills:
- Good use of English
- Good IT skills
- Good written, verbal and communication skills
- Able to work on their own initiative
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!