Graduate Software Developer
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe's number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus Group is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2015, the Group - comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space and Airbus Helicopters - generated revenues of € 64.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 136,600.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
A number of Graduate Software Developer opportunities are available on the Airbus Defence & Space 2017 Graduate Programme within the following departments:
- Network Management Systems (NMS) Centre of Excellence: The department are responsible for the research of and the subsequent design, development and support to the creation of state-of-the-art network management technologies. The team looks at innovative solutions to the particular challenges of Satellite communication networks deployed for secure communications. The role focuses on development of software products for use in secure systems which are in operation in the UK, France and other countries internationally.
- Engineering & Operations Products: The department operate on the latest Microsoft technologies and work with the Agile Scrum methodology to deliver Enterprise Level Products to key stakeholders within the business. The portfolio ranges from Windows Applications, Windows Services, Web Services and Web Sites all locked together with MS SQL database architectures. The team consists of three Scrum's with a mix of Product domains and technology implementations. Airbus Defence & Space promote the latest technologies and keep up to date with releases wherever possible.
As a Graduate Software Developer, main activities will include:
- Software Development in one of: JAVA, .NET platform in C# and MS SQL Server
- Automated Software Testing development
- Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) participation through Scrum methodology
These roles will be based in Portsmouth and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £26,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
- Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science or related subject.
- Experience of object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of software testing strategies.
- Knowledge of the full software lifecycle.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 25th November 2016.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!