Engineering Internship - Materials and Processes - Composite Technology
Description of the job
Looking for an Internship with a leading aircraft manufacturer? Interested in working for a multi-billion euro, globally based organisation? An Internship with Airbus will give you the opportunity to contribute to our day-to-day business; developing the most modern and comprehensive family of airliners on the market.
To stay on top, Airbus Group recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging Internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our Internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus Group. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus Group and should benefit your future studies.
The role is based in the Composite Technology team in Filton, Bristol. This Internship provides a superb environment for you to develop as a professional engineer; giving you exposure to real-world projects early in your career whilst being nurtured by a vibrant and supportive team around you.
During the internship you will gain experience over the three different Composite Materials teams, performing the role of Composite Technology engineer in each area.
Activities in this role include:
- Design and analysis of new concepts for Composites Materials and Process, (including low cost solutions, recyclability or reparability for example) using standard or cutting edge processes and tools.
- Support the manufacture of test specimens and subsequent mechanical test programs.
- Process test results and write technical reports
- Attend regular task specific weekly meetings to provide progress updates
- Integrate into a multifunctional multi-skilled UK & Transnational Composite Technology team.
You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of your placement, studying towards a relevant degree, such as:
- Physics - Chemistry - Materials Science - A relevant Engineering degree
You should also have the following skills:
- Strong communication and a team player
- A level of confidence with technology and IT skills in the main MS Office programmes
- Good number processing ability
- A basic engineering knowledge and/or aircraft wing structure knowledge
- An awareness of composites (e.g. knows relative pros/cons)
- Languages will be beneficial but are not essential
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact us via email. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!