Industrial Maintenance Internship
Description of the job
An opportunity has arisen for an Internship within the Filton Plant Service Centre playing a vital part in the management and integration of all services which the Production Plant utilises to deliver A400M aircraft wings safely, to quality, cost, delivery and people targets.
Working with the Head of Plant Services and Industrial Maintenance Manager to ensure that service needs are met to deliver availability of production machinery and aircraft test systems.
The Plant Service Centre integrates services such as Procurement, Information Communication Technology (ICT), Facility Management and Industrial Maintenance into the A400M Wing Production Team. The role will be biased around Industrial Maintenance and include the use of ICT in Production systems as well as systems test equipment to offer Business, Industry and Technical experience.
In this role you will gain an insight to Airbus Production, Analysis of Business Performance, Improvement, Project Management and In-situ Subcontractor Management as well as technical understandings of aircraft test means and aircraft systems.
- Supporting and enabling day to day management of industrial maintenance activities, including technical engineers and contractors ensuring satisfactory and timely completion of tasks.
- Enabling the integration of the production plan and service plans to ensure equipment and support availability.
- Working with senior management to gauge subcontractor fitness and adaptability to customer needs.
- Supporting new and ongoing process improvement activities, e.g. LEAN Manufacturing.
- Complete risk and opportunity planning on plant services focusing on cost and service delivery.
- Shadowing the plant service center senior management to support the development and maintenance of relationships with key strategic suppliers.
- Identification & development of in-situ subcontracting practices and procedures
- Leading the deployment of new methods to improve maintenance effectiveness and plant uptime.
- Develop understandings of legislation that impacts the business.
- Deployment of "best practice" on plant service center activities, delivering compliance and organisational definition to the team.
You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the internship, studying towards an Engineering or Business degree.
In addition you should also have the following skills:
- Knowledge of Project Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisation and team working ability
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact us via email. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!