Procurement Internship - Wing
Description of the job
The Procurement department is responsible for purchasing, contract management and supply chain logistics. This internship will be within the Purchasing domain and in particular in support to the Wingtips and Winglets Aerostructures commodity senior buyer's activity.
The key responsibilities of the buyer's role are:
- Develop and deploy a commodity strategy
- Monitor contract fulfilment, including claims and counterclaims management
- Manage negotiation, call for tenders and contract management
- Contribute in monitoring and improving supplier performance
- Identify and lead value creation project and support product innovation
- Manage risks
- Establish and develop relationship with suppliers
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
Some of the activities that you will be taking part into are:
- Support sub Multi Functional Team (MFT) meeting (including strategy development, risk management, etc)
- Organise Programme Review Meetings between Airbus and suppliers
- Assist the buyer with contract management, claim/counterclaim management and contract updates
- Participate in the monitoring and improving of supplier performance
- Be involved in implementation of new technologies and innovation into the supply chain and the next generation aircrafts
- Run specific projects towards "lean" procurement practices and efficient way of working
You must be studying towards a degree in one of the following disciplines:
- Purchasing / Procurement / Contract Management
- Economics and Supply Chain Management
- Engineering with a strong interest in Business
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deal with multiple requirements/dynamic environment
- Manage workload
- Microsoft Office (Word / Excel)
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact us via email. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!