Plant Industrialisation & Business Management Graduate
Airbus Group is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2015, the Group - comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space and Airbus Helicopters - generated revenues of € 64.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 136,600.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programmes provide exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Overthe 2/3 year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programmes conclusion.
Airbus in the UK's Plant Industrialisation & Business Management team is at the heart of major cost-reduction projects bringing savings of tens of millions of Euros to the company.
Its activities are broadly divided into three areas:
- Project Teams: Large cross-site change activities are set up to deliver solutions to major issues that affect the whole of the site; and local PIM projects (Progressive Improvement Meetings) led by the ALPS (Airbus Lean Production System) project leaders, that bring improvement to the local business areas through the implementation of the Airbus Lean Production System and a planned Programme of Kaizen events.
- Master Production Scheduling: SAP demand loading, capacity planning, monitoring and reporting of production build, shop floor resource calculations, Sales and Operations Planning, tactical / recovery planning, Financial / AOP (Airbus Operating Plan) inputs. Product role & Central / new product role
- Lean Operations: An internal reference for Lean Concepts, Principles, Tools & Techniques used to guide lean implementation and raise the level of lean competence throughout the organisation, and to contribute to the on going development of operational excellence through the Airbus Operating System.
This role will be based in Broughton, Chester (must be flexible) and will receive the full Airbus UK Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000.00 - plus a welcome payment of £2,000.00.
- Application of learning tools with the business and the associated, finance and project management using Lean methodologies.
- Exposure to day to day operations and managing products.
- Strategy development, product industrialism and modification of large scale projects.
- Programme/ Project management, problem solving tools and techniques
- Map existing process and improve on existing processes
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience
Educated to degree level (2:1 or above) or equivalent, ideally within one the following disciplines;
- Aerospace Engineering
- General Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Project Management
- Business Studies
- Lean Engineering
- Lean Deployment and Manufacturing -- Engineering
- Ideal applicants will demonstrate previous experience of organising events or projects resulting in the delivery of added value to the business;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An internship in a Lean Manufacturing related industry
- A project or internship covering Lean and Manufacturing Principles or Lean Deployment
Following application to this position you may be invited to undertake a number of selection activities including online testing and attending an assessment centre. Please note that online tests must be complete within 7 days of invitation.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 25th November 2016
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email.. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome allapplications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!