Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programmes provide exceptional graduates with the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills, over the 2/3 year period it combines rational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business areas and even with customers and suppliers. This along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programmes conclusion.
The role is on the Airbus Graduate Programme with a target area of the Airworthiness Department.
The Airworthiness Office leads the functions that allows Airbus to be a Type Certificate Holder / Type Certificate Applicant for its products. The department represents Airbus in the rulemaking process of all major Aviation Authorities and manages the relationships with all authorities & organisations which hold responsibilities over national and international aviation regulations and their implementation. Airworthiness is a part of Architecture & Integration, which focuses on the entire aircraft as an integrated product. The department operates in a fully transnational way and in the UK is divided into a series of local Programme Continued Airworthiness Teams and an Airworthiness Technical Domain.
This role will be based in Bristol, Filton (must be flexible) and will receive the full Airbus UK Graduate programme benefit package including an annual salary of £27,000.00 per year - plus a welcome payment of £2,000.00
- Certification - Obtaining and maintaining the Type Certificates and Operational Suitability Certificates of all Airbus products with EASA and local Aviation Authorities
- Modifications - Providing/obtaining approval of all changes to Type Design for Airbus products - Providing Airbus customers with airworthiness services such as approved repairs, customisation adaptations, etc.
- Continued Airworthiness
- Monitoring the safety of Airbus products and undertaking any necessary remedial action - Investigation of In-Service, Engineering and Manufacturing Occurrences to ensure safety assessment, the development of solutions and modifications (if applicable), and reporting to Airworthiness Authorities (e.g. EASA, FAA etc.)
- Rulemaking - Representing Airbus in rulemaking activities, as well as gathering and disseminating regulatory knowledge and expertise within the company - Developing Airbus relations with aviation authorities and international organisations that have jurisdiction over Airbus customers, partners or suppliers
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience Educated to degree level (2:1 or above) or equivalent within one the following disciplines;
- Aviation - Airworthiness - Aerospace, Mechanical, Systems or Electrical Engineering with an interest in Law - Aerospace and Software Engineering - Professional Engineering - Engineering Management - Engineering Operations and Improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. - Ability to work independently and as part of a team. - An Engineering Internship or Aerospace-based projects during academic studies would be desirable.
Please demonstrate your wider interest in the aerospace industry and motivation for this Graduate position within a covering letter and CV.
Following application to this position you may be invited to undertake a number of selection activities including online testing and attending an assessment centre. Please note that online tests must be complete within 7 days of invitation.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 17th November 2017.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!