Graduate RF Antenna Engineer
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The role of Graduate Antenna RF Engineer is based in the Airbus Defence and Space satellite telecom department. The antenna group in Stevenage is the centre of competence of Antenna for space telecom application. The Antenna group has a key role in the telecom satellite business and as such the antenna group is involved in various aspect of the manufacturing of the satellite: direct discussion with Airbus customer to define their specification and negotiate with them, design of the antenna and support of test. This allows the Antenna Engineer to have a full visibility of the telecom satellite from negotiation up to launch date.
Main activities of the role:
- RF analysis for prospect spacecraft activity. This will involve understanding the design of reflectors, programming, analysis and supporting research and development proposals.
- Designing reflectors to meet customer requirements and using software (TICRA and MATLAB).
- Supporting testing activities, including analysis and report writing.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- At a minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Physics or related subject.
- Proactive, adaptable and flexible approach to meet changing project requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report writing.
- Good team working skills.
- A mechanical understanding of satellites / antennas.
- Experience of using MATLAB
- Knowledge of TICRA software (for example, GRASP, POS, SATSOFT).
- Experience of programming using LINUX.
- Ability to speak French.
This role will be based in Stevenage and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 17th November 2017.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!