Graduate IT Support Engineer
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
Our graduate opportunity will be working within the global IM Team, responsible for the complete end to end operational IT for the Intelligence business within the UK, from end user, through infrastructure, security, to back office systems. The role will cover sites in Newcastle, Guildford, Leicester and Newport, with the opportunity to travel and work in other areas of the business worldwide. Other responsibilities include supporting the commercial side of the business in delivering solutions to customers. Airbus Defence and Space - Intelligence is a leading provider of optical satellite imagery, geographic information products, software and services delivering geographic information solutions into both private and public sector organisations worldwide. Airbus Defence and Space provides high value-added solutions including satellite data and geographical information acquisition and processing, operational emergency planning systems, geo-information, risk analysis, consultancy, data management and hosting. These solutions are hosted in house in our own datacentres, in commercial cloud environments, or on site at customer sites worldwide.
Main activities will include;
- Supporting/designing IT solutions for bids and projects for external clients around the world.
- Supporting global Airbus internal IM projects and initiatives.
- Supporting in house operational IT systems. Users, desktop systems, servers, infrastructure, mobile and communication solutions.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate the following;
- At a minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent in one of the following Information Technology, ICT, Computer Science or related subject. (Modules in networking, infrastructure, security, cloud based modules would be an advantage).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical approach to problem solving and confidence in communicating solutions.
- Be proactive and comfortable working in an autonomous way
- Strong team focus and service delivery orientated
This role will be based in Newcastle or Guildford and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 17th November 2017
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!