Graduate Electronics Engineer
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The Communication Processors Group in Airbus Defence and Space is at the forefront of the development of digital signal processing payloads for telecommunications satellites, with work being undertaken for a range of national and international customers. The responsibility of the group covers research and development of new digital processor products, manufacture and test of flight electronic equipment through to in-orbit operational support.
A number of Graduate opportunities will be available within the Electronic Development team at Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage. The hiring department is responsible for flight hardware designs for Digital Processors, designing complex PCBs. These incorporate digital designs (FPGA / ASIC) implementing DSP algorithms, along with high speed analogue interfaces and power regulation circuits.
Main activities will include;
- High speed electronic circuit design, including component selection, circuit design, simulation and schematic capture using design tools.
- ASIC / FPGA design, incorporating architecture decomposition, design capture using VHDL, design verification and the synthesis to target technology.
- Hardware integration and testing. This will include laboratory testing of prototype components and circuits, as well as support to flight hardware testing before customer delivery.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate the below:
- As a minimum, a 2:2 degree or equivalent qualification in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or related subject.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presenting technical information clearly and concisely.
- Able to contribute to a large, multi-disciplinary project team.
- Desirable attributes
- Experience of electronic circuit board design.
- Knowledge of VHDL design.
- Experience carrying out laboratory work and the use of test equipment.
This role will be based in Stevenage and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 17th November 2017.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!