Graduate Test System Software Engineer
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
Today's Equipment Test Systems provide multiple platforms in which Satellite Payload Equipment's are exposed to functional and environmental test conditions representative of those experienced in "space-flight".
At the heart of these Systems, the automated control software, data management systems and graphical user interfaces are crucial to their operation.
Derived from project requirements and developed alongside both the deliverable Payload and Test Equipment Hardware the software is written, integrated and validated.
To achieve this we need people with knowledge / interest of NI LabVIEW, Test Equipment and Electronic / RF Hardware Products.
Within this role, you can be expected to undertake the following activities:
- Support lead software engineers in creating, integrating and validating automated Test Software to meet project requirements. ¤ Provide support to maintain the Test System during development & production use.
- Work alongside lead software engineers to architect test solutions of the future.
- Work with and develop Data Management Systems
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- At a minimum a 2:1 degree or equivalent in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related subjects.
- Knowledge / practical use of National Instruments LabVIEW and/or C++/C# and database technologies. Knowledge of Electronic / RF Hardware Products.
- Have a strong team working ethic, proactive and able to multi-task.
This role will be based in Portsmouth and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 17th November 2017.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!