Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
This opportunity to join the Airbus Defence & Space 2018 Graduate Programme as a Marketing Graduate within Secure Communications.
Secure Communications: World leaders in providing global fixed and mobile secure communication services to governments, militaries and security forces. Airbus Defence and Space has unrivalled expertise in providing satellite communication services and secure network services using best in-class solutions. Our customers include all home-countries, as well as the Middle East, Nordics, US and Asia, we offer a truly global service across land, sea and air platforms.
Main activities will include:
- Assist in detailed market research and analysis across strategic market domains; researching competitor activity; analysing market demographics; identifying potential target markets or gaps in the market; reporting strategy analysis to senior management to ensure that all business development activities are optimised.
- Understand industry dynamics and apply Strategic and Marketing concepts and reasoning methodologies to real business challenges (campaigns; portfolio management, corporate Strategy) and draw realistic conclusions and recommendations.
- Delivery of external marketing activities. You will have the opportunity to support operational marketing campaigns and undertake various tasks within the marketing mix. This could include the creation and production of brochure and datasheet collateral, website content development, communications, events management and customer briefings.
- Working closely with global sales leads in managing sales campaign activities. This could involve maintaining a CRM database, pipeline reporting, customer and competitor benchmarking and analysis.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Marketing, Business or related subject.
- A broad understanding of the concepts of Marketing.
- An understanding of the use of social media in a marketing context.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and creative skills.
- Commercial awareness.
This role will be based in Stevenage, Portsmouth or Newport (must be flexible) and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 17th November 2017.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!