Graduate Software Engineer
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
As part of the Software Engineering team within Airbus Defence and Space Cyber Security UK you will be developing new cryptographic devices and key management systems to protect critically sensitive national and commercial information.
You will have opportunity to grow your skills in both embedded software development and in Windows application software development to meet the demanding standards set by the UK National Cyber Security Centre.
You will contribute across the full development lifecycle for bespoke cryptographic products, in collaboration with systems, hardware, FPGA and verification engineers.
As a Graduate Software Engineer within the Cyber Security UK Engineering team you will develop software components and applications for cryptographic devices and for cryptographic key management systems, covering:
- Embedded software development for real-time operating system environments
- Application software development for Windows operating system environments
With support and mentoring from other team members you will develop your Software Engineering knowledge, skills and competencies to take on software development tasks across the full development lifecycle, including:
- Requirement analysis and definition
- Object Oriented Design and Analysis using UML
- Implementation of software components using appropriate programming languages
- Automated and manual testing of software
- Integration of software on both custom and standard off the shelf platforms
- Verification of software performance, conformance and usability
- Development of software tools and environments to support product development and test
- Prototyping and proof of concept demonstrators
- Customer demonstrations
- You will produce design artefacts, code and formal documentation that meet the demanding standards set by Airbus Defence and Space and the UK National Cyber Security Centre.
- You will collaborate on a daily basis with other software team members and with the wider product/system development team, both to share information and ideas and to solve challenging problems.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate the following;
- At a minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related subject,
- Proficient in at least one programming language (eg C, C++, C#, Python, Java),
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Creative and innovative thinking,
- Be proactive and comfortable working in an autonomous way,
- Strong team focus.
This role will be based in Newport and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations for working within Cyber Security and your suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 17th November 2017.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!