Graduate Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Engineer
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The role of Graduate Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Engineer is based in the Modem Engineering Group which is responsible for the research of and the subsequent design, development and support to the creation of state-of-the-art satellite modem technologies, as well related areas such as security and baseband telecommunication technologies. To reflect this breadth, the Group's remit is equally wide-ranging enabling the successful candidate to become proficient in many technical and non-technical areas that are the bedrock of a successful career. Examples are system design, security design, modem coding (soft-/firm-ware) and supporting simulation as well as presenting to technical and non-technical audiences.
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- As part of a team, reviewing, enhancing and developing the modem products' feature set.
- Contributing to the design & development and implementation of Signal Processing solutions (e.g. in firmware) and testing against the target requirements. This will include the preparation, validation and application of mathematical models for simulation and analysis.
- Documenting and presenting your design with a view to reviewing it against the design review.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Studying Communications Engineering, Physics, Electronics, Electrical Design or related subject.
- An interest in telecommunications engineering.
- A desire to work in a DSP design & implementation role.
- A familiarity with Matlab,-Simulink modelling & simulation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This role will be based in Portsmouth and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 17th November 2017.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!