Graduate Hardware Engineer
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
As part of the Hardware team within the Cyber Security Division, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a small team of experts producing Digital hardware and FPGA designs for High Grade Cryptographic and Key Management products. You will also collaborate with the wider development team and will follow the designs through the full development cycle from requirements capture to production.
Main activities of the role will include:
- High-speed Digital Hardware Design.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout
- FPGA design (VHDL).
- Design with Embedded microprocessors (16/32-bit)
- Scripting and use of low-level software
- Interfacing with Mechanical design for enclosure design and thermal analysis
- Full cycle development from requirements capture through to production support.
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following;
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering or related subject.
- Software and scripting knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proactive and comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a team.
This role will be based in Newport and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 17th November 2017.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!