Sales and Marketing Graduate
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
Regional Sales works across Defence and Space portfolio, with a focus on Sales, Strategy, Marketing and ensuring we have best-in-class customer relationship management.
The role of Regional Sales is to:
- Promote Airbus Defence and Space Portfolio
- Generate cross-selling and multi-Business Line opportunities
- Manage Defence and Space / high level customer relations
- Develop a Community Spirit within Sales UK
- Provide leadership for Sales UK
- Develop a collaborative network of industrial relationships to support Sales activity
- Be forward-leaning in our approach to our customers
For Regional Sales UK this breaks down into three core activities to strengthen and enhance the Airbus DS business:
- Account Management
- working alongside our key customers
- Generate Propositions for future business
- combining customer requirements with innovative thinking
- Develop and lead Capture Plans
- ensuring we win business
As part of the Regional Sales team, you will gain a wide appreciation of Airbus Defence and Space working alongside senior colleagues to develop business and showcase Airbus to our customers.
The main activities of this role will include;
- Customer Relationship Management - working alongside the Regional Sales team to manage customer contacts to support events and activities
- Marketing Support - working with the Marketing Manager to organise and run marketing events (such as exhibitions, air shows, etc.) and activities, including support to customer engagement
- Business Development - working with the Account Leads to provide support in developing business propositions, including working with customers and other companies
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate the following;
- At a minimum, a 2:1 degree Marketing, Business, Economics, Politics, International Relations, Communications, Public Relations, Languages, Humanities or equivalent in or related subject
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Be proactive and comfortable working in an autonomous way,
Skills of negotiation and influences;
- Able to build rapport and develop working relationships,
- Strong team focus.
- strong time management skills
- ability to work independently at times under own initiative and drive with new ideas
This role will be based in London and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 17th November 2017.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!