Electrical Systems Engineer Graduate
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network. From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The Electrical System Engineering and Verification Department designs, and delivers spacecraft electrical sub-systems as part of an Airbus Defence and Space Ltd prime spacecraft capability. As a Graduate Engineer, you will have the opportunity to directly contribute to the delivery of all of the spacecraft electrical sub-systems, including power, avionics and communications, for missions such as Exomars Rover, Solar Orbiter, and Plato.
Main activities will include:
- Performing system level electrical design analysis and trade-offs, as well as understanding and solving complex engineering problems.
- Operating as a key member of a multi-functional electrical team, providing dedicated technical capability to projects.
- Operating as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team within a project, including interfacing with Mechanical and System engineering to ensure correct accommodation of electrical units / sub-systems on the spacecraft.
- Supporting test activities.
- You will have the opportunity to travel, including visiting suppliers, participating in complex spacecraft test campaigns, potentially even supporting launch activities through to early operational phases of a mission.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Physics or related subject with an emphasis on practical aspects.
- Good presentation, communication and team working skills.
- Good personal organisation and self-discipline to achieve set tasks.
- Experience of using electrical simulation packages would be advantageous.
This role will be based in Stevenage and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 17th November 2017.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!