Engineering Internship - Customer Services and Support
Start date: 2nd July 2018
Duration: 12 months
Looking for an Internship with a leading aircraft manufacturer? Interested in working for a multi-billion euro, globally based organisation? An Internship with Airbus will give you the opportunity to contribute to our day-to-day business; developing the most modern and comprehensive family of airliners on the market.
To stay on top, Airbus Group recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging Internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our Internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus Group. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus Group and should benefit your future studies.
The maintenance engineer specialists have regular contact with the airlines and aviation authorities worldwide. These specialists answer technical customer queries to support our customer airline fleets.
In this role you will manage customer queries from operators, which involves producing and presenting technical documents to the airline and authorities. You will also investigate the role and requirements applicable to maintenance programmes engineering for Landing Gear, Structures and Systems.
- Learn how Airbus maintenance and engineering programs operate within the Airbus organisation.
- Work directly with the maintenance engineering specialists on a variety of projects concerning maintenance of Landing Gear, Fuel Systems and Wing Structure.
- Develop an understanding of aircraft maintenance and the relationships with the aviation regulations.
- Understand the challenges of meeting customer requirements via answering queries.
- Undertake project activities - looking at future development projects.
You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement, studying towards an engineering degree, preferably in Aerospace/Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering.
An understanding of aircraft systems and structure - Competent user of the basic Microsoft Office programmes - Excellent Interpersonal skill
Basic knowledge of MSG3 would be an advantage
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!