A330/A340 UK Chief Engineer's Team Internship
Description of the job
Start Date: 2nd July 2018
Duration: up to 13 months
This position is in the Chief Engineers team which is accountable for the airworthiness and safety of the wing, landing gear, fuel and inerting systems for the A330/A340 family of aircraft. The Chief Engineering team additionally lead development projects by specifying customer requirements and managing the engineering teams to deliver an integrated solution, and support the product in service by ensuring continued Airworthiness.
The successful candidate will get involved in the following tasks:
- Work with the Chief Engineering team leaders on product evolution of the A330 and A340 defining aircraft technologies and requirements, attending regular team meetings and contributing to product development across Wing design, Landing Gear systems and Fuel Systems.
- Continuous development of the existing fleet through the management of modification projects. This involves liaising and coordinating with a number of technical teams (Engineering, Airworthiness, Safety, Procurement etc.) to ensure an integrated solution is achieved quickly and efficiently. Improve the team's processes via a number of internal improvement projects.
Benefits of working in this team:
- Gain a top level appreciation of aircraft development and an understanding of the decision making processes involved in the aerospace industry.
- Flexibility and autonomy on task involvement across a range of disciplines through the support of the Fuel Systems, Wing Structure and Landing Gear Chief Engineers.
- Multiple live projects with a large degree of variability allow for a quick learning curve and an opportunity to make a tangible
- Work with a highly experienced team able to pass on knowledge in a live project environment.
Must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement studying towards a degree in the following:
- Aerospace Aeronautics Mechanical Systems Physics
- Working towards a degree in a relevant engineering discipline as an academic qualification for eventual membership of a professional engineering institution
- Regular user of Microsoft Office - Good written and spoken English with the ability to write reports and create and deliver presentations
- Project Management approach to delivering objectives with the ability to prioritise tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
- Confident personality capable of explaining a situation accurately and concisely to the individuals and teams involved.
- Comfortable with taking the initiative and working independently to meet team objectives.
- Student membership of a relevant Institution
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!