Internal Communication Internship (Filton or Broughton site)
Description of the job
Start date: Summer 2018
The Communication Department is looking for a talented and enthusiastic student who would like to gain experience in a range of communication disciplines including internal communication, public relations, media relations, community engagement and events management.
Made up of three teams - Media/External, Internal Communication and Community Relations - the Communication Dept is a diverse and lively one and the successful candidate will get the opportunity to develop and strengthen their skills in a vast range areas including stakeholder identification and management, writing, event planning and delivery, working with the media, grass roots community relations and campaign creation and execution.
The department has a wide-ranging and responsive role and the candidate will be well-placed to get fully involved in a variety of activities in all three Department teams, not only those directly linked to Community Engagement and Internal Communication. Some travel may also be required both within the UK and overseas.
- Oversight and management of daily and weekly employee information cascades via email and notice boards.
- The facilitation and co-ordination of employee network meetings.
- To provide support in the research, creation, delivery and evaluation of internal communication campaigns.
- Assist in internal communication activities, including writing articles for the company intranet, developing content for the corporate TV system and helping facilitate two-way communication sessions.
- Seek new opportunities to promote innovative solutions and improved ways of working across Internal Communication in Filton.
- Support the wider internal communication team with team governance processes and organisation.
- Support internal communications key topics and help improve employees' awareness and understanding of Airbus in the UK within the global Airbus organization and as a key contributor to the local, regional and national economy.
This role will involve working in areas which require stakeholder, brand and reputation management and involvement with internal and external audiences. It would suit individuals who are working towards careers in communications, public relations, Corporate Social Responsibility, events and engagement.
The successful candidate will need to be enthusiastic, driven and confident. They must be able to work well in a team, be self-motivated and know how to use their own initiative. It is imperative the individual has excellent writing skills, is comfortable communicating verbally with stakeholders at all levels, is experienced in using Microsoft Office tools, have a polite and professional telephone manner and be familiar with the Internet. Holding a clean, full driver's licence is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following assets:
- Be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement
- Studying at degree level in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, Business Studies (or a combined degree of any of these with English)
- Knowledge of communication and engagement principles
- Ability to write clearly and accurately
- Excellent use of English and numeracy
- MS Office competent
- Able to produce high quality content tailored for different audiences
- Ability to work in a team
- Well organised
- Willing to learn
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Able to work on own initiative
- Has an interest in and actively follows trends and news in the public relations/communication industry
- Skills in press release writing
- Social and Traditional Media knowledge
- Skills in preparing communication plans
- Project management skills
- Willingness to travel
- Familiar with lnternet/lntranet systems including content management systems, Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!