Business and Strategy Internship
Description of the job
Start date: 2nd July 2018
Duration: 13 Months
Internships are available at Airbus in the UK offering exciting opportunities to work in a challenging, dynamic and multicultural organisation.
The successful applicants will be part of a strategy team which defines Airbus commercial business strategy in the UK with key stakeholders for the company, namely senior internal management team, members of parliament, assembly members and civil servants.
The department has a wide-ranging and responsive role, so you can expect to be involved in a variety of activities during the placement, providing a greater understanding of global company economics and strategy.
- Providing support for the Head of Business and Strategy for Airbus in the UK as well as other members of the wider senior Airbus in the UK management team in terms of executive briefings.
- Where necessary, attend cross business reviews to promote Airbus in the UK, defining UK wide aerospace policy.
- Provide co-ordination support for stakeholder mapping and management.
- Assist with strategic discussions related to Supplier and Prime involvement on UK commercial sites.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly business related KPI's for senior management reviews.
- Production of regular strategy updates for senior management.
- Preparing presentations on strategy and business issues
The position would suit someone who has knowledge of and a keen interest in business affairs. All applicants should be able to work well in a team, be self-motivated and know how to use their own initiative. The successful candidates will need to be able to demonstrate good communication skills including the ability to write clearly and simply, have a polite and professional telephone manner, knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, be familiar with the internet and able to work to deadlines. Holding a clean, full driver's licence is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following assets:
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the placement, studying towards a degree in one of the following:
Business, International Relations, Economics, Government Relations, Public Policy (or a combined degree including one of these)
- Business acumen
- Able to communicate in clear and professional manner
- Ability to write clearly and accurately
- Excellent use of English and numeracy
- Able to produce high quality work
- Ability to work in a team
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Well organised
- Interest in current affairs and business strategy
- Interest in the Aerospace industry
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!