Community Engagement Internship (Filton or Broughton site)
Description of the job
Internship opportunities available at Airbus in the UK offer an exciting opportunity to work in a challenging, dynamic and multicultural organisation.
The Communication Department is looking for a talented and enthusiastic student who would like to gain experience in a range of communication disciplines and develop their skills in public relations, community engage-ment and events management. By working closely with the diverse and lively communication team, the successful candidate will be able to utilise a vast range of communication disciplines to build relationships with key stakeholders, including employees, the media, local community representatives and other key information formers. The department has a wide-ranging and responsive role, so they can expect to be involved in a variety of activities during the placement not only those directly linked to Community Engagement. Some travel may also be required both within the UK and overseas.
Provide support to high profile community engagement and PR activities. ¤ Manage internal and external community engagement requests.
Support the company's corporate responsibility communication.
Assist in press activities, including writing press releases and managing the press monitoring and cut-tings process, ensuring all UK media coverage is logged and communicated to appropriate audiences.
This role will involve working in areas which require stakeholder, brand and reputation management and involvement with internal and external audiences.
The successful candidate will need to have a pro-active approach to activities and a personal sense of responsibility. They must work well in a team, be self-motivated and know how to use their own initiative. In addition, they will need to be able to demonstrate skills such as the ability to write clearly and simply, knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, have a polite and professional telephone manner and be familiar with the Internet. Holding a clean, full driver's licence is desirable but not essential. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following assets:
- Be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement
- Studying at degree level in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, Business Studies (or a com-bined degree of any of these with English)
- Knowledge of communication and engagement principles ¤ Ability to write clearly and accurately
- Excellent use of English and numeracy
- MS Office competent
- Able to produce high quality work
- Ability to work in a team
- Well organised
- Willing to learn
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Skills in press release writing
- Media knowledge
- Skills in preparing communication plans
- Project management skills
- Problem solver
- Willingness to travel
- Familiar with Internet/Intranet systems including Microsoft Outlook and PowerPoint
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!