Business Management Internship - Sub-contracting and Resource Management
Description of the job
Start date: 2nd July 2018
Duration: 12 Months
The Head of Series Wing Design Engineering (ESW) has a dedicated Sub-Contracting and Resource Management Team to manage the internal headcount in the business, develop the skills and competences of the internal staff to meet current and future needs, and to manage the sub-contracting of activities using various options.
The purpose of this role will be to support the ESW Sub-Contracting and Resource Management team, focusing on the management and leadership of various projects and initiatives to improve the organization. This will include the management of in-situ contractor access, tool deployment to sub-contractors, working with the skill leaders to evaluate skills gaps and identify then enact solutions, as well as working with the ESW engineering teams to develop resource scenario plans to meet future business needs. Working within the ESW Sub-Contracting and Resource Management team you will be required to ensure best practice and common processes are deployed across the business. You will also be required to ensure impacted teams adhere to applicable standards and processes, while challenging the approach and strategy where needed.
- Manage in-situ site access through the control of pass access requests
- Produce data to support KPI's and track targets
- Produce presentations as required to support the business
- Project management of various initiatives focussed on sub-contract supplier tool access and IT equipment
- Support the team in the development of scenario plans for the launch of potential aircraft variants
- Present options as required to support the business
- Support the team in the analysis of skills required to support the current and future scenarios for aircraft programmes
- Support the team in the development of actions to close skill gaps identified above
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the placement studying towards a degree in Business Studies / Management.
- Able to demonstrate the use of robust Project Management tools and techniques
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Understanding of Knowledge Management philosophy, methods and tools would be an advantage
Must also be able to exhibit the following behaviours:
- Be customer focused, by engaging and integrating well with your programme area to understand current issues and deliver results with a sense of urgency
- Comfortable working at all levels of the organisation and remain professional at all times
- Excellent communicator (both written and oral) and listener with strong influencing skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to expedite tasks in a firm and diplomatic manner -
- Ability to challenge the norm whilst convincingly inspiring and motivating end-users
- Ability to exercise appropriate discretion/ manage commercially sensitive data
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!