Information Management Internship - Application Services
Description of the job
The department you'll be working in is a transnational team responsible for the support of a wide range of software critical to the development of multiple aircraft. In particular the department are the focal point for support of CAx (Computer Aided technologies) and DMU (Digital Mock-Up) tools, supplier management and supply chain management.
This role is suitable for a student studying an ICT related or Business degree but may also be suitable for a student studying an Engineering degree, provided they have a keen ICT/Business process interest.
You will be assisting the core CAx and DMU team with the following activities:
- Leading proactive, agile projects on behalf of the team.
- Conducting root cause analysis and investigating critical failures of software.
- The opportunity to suggest improvement projects, and then run these projects (within a specific budget).
- Develop prototypes/technical demonstrators that require a basic level of software development knowledge
Over the course of a placement year you will have an opportunity to learn various skills, including:
- Software development and support processes in a world-wide organisation.
- Transnational networking internally within the department and externally with customers.
- Time and project management skills.
- Software application configuration skills/processes.
- Team working skills.
- Opportunity for "on the job" CATIA V5 and ITIL framework training.
You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement, studying towards an ICT, Software Engineering, Business or Engineering degree, with a keen interest in ICT.
The following skills are also required:
- Good ICT skills, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good written, verbal and communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of 3D design tools such as CATIA will be beneficial
- Knowledge of ITIL is advantageous
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!