Software Licence Internship
Description of the job
Start date: 2nd July 2018
Duration: 12 Months
The department is a transnational team responsible for the Finance, Operations, Software Licensing, Process Management, Application Health Monitoring and Long Term Archiving within the 'Develop' Application Service Group.
The role is suitable for a student studying an IT or Engineering related degree.
The intern will be primarily assisting the ) PLM Product Lifecycle Management) License Management Team with the following activities:
- Development of an asset management solution to capture and share all the details relating to application licenses.
- Coordinate license server obsolescence activities to ensure legacy servers are removed in line with existing roadmap.
- Development of license monitoring software.
- Project leader on small, internal projects.
- Representing the department in projects run by other teams.
- The opportunity to suggest improvement projects, and then run these projects (within a specific budget).
- Improving the relationship between ICT and business departments.
All activities within Airbus ICT work within the standard ITIL framework of good practice in Service management.
Over the course of a placement year the intern will have the opportunity to learn various skills, including:
- Transnational networking internally within the department and externally with customers.
- Software license management
- Time and project management skills
- Financial management in a world-wide organisation
- Team working skills
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the placement studying towards a degree in ICT or Engineering.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Knowledge of databases would be an advantage
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!