Procurement Internship - Commodity Buyer
Description of the job
Start date: 2nd July 2018
Duration: 12 Months
The Procurement function is responsible for securing all external resources to support Airbus business operations. As a company Airbus procures a significant proportion of each aircraft it builds, from suppliers across the globe. Commodities required to directly produce an aircraft include everything from nuts and bolts to high value cutting edge computers for flight control systems. Furthermore, the Procurement function also secures raw materials for use in our factories, the equipment and buildings on our sites, as well as all the materials and services required to continue our business operations. In short, a significant proportion of Airbus annual turnover is defined through the contracts that Procurement negotiates and manages, and as such this function is a key contributor to the financial success of the company; specifically, bottom line performance.
- Support the Commodity Manager in the leadership of the procurement commercial aspects within a Commodity team
- Negotiation of liability and value related to non-recurring cost claims in line with the procurement process and programme targets. Providing forecasts to assist in setting of these targets.
- Preparing and negotiating supplier counter-claims.
- Preparing and negotiating contract amendments.
- Supporting cost reduction and optimisation projects where required.
- Contribute to the procurement risk management process within the commodity team.
- Support the supply chain team to ensure all contractual leverage is applied to secure on time and quality delivery of all parts and rate ramp-up.
- Support the Procurement multi-function team leaders in managing the monthly meetings and co-ordinating the actions from these meetings.
- Raising purchase orders and processing payments in SAP.
- Monthly reporting of procurement status.
You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement, studying towards a degree in one of the following disciplines:
- Team player
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Attention to detail
- Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!