Lean Agent Internship
Description of the job
Working within the lean function of the Broughton site; this exciting opportunity offers successful applicants the chance to influence and drive change in a challenging manufacturing system, matured over decades of Airbus wing production. Using value stream mapping and Airbus project management tools, the applicant will have the chance to demonstrate and implement new technologies, manufacturing philosophies and changes in mind-set resulting in improvements across all site key performance indicators.
- To support the lean function in deploying the Airbus Operating System within the assigned programme area.
- Provide lean guidance and coaching to Project Managers and the manufacturing teams.
- Assess the manufacturing system using value stream mapping to highlight shortfalls and areas of improvement.
- Supporting the engagement of Improvement Project Leaders. Prepare and deliver updates on savings and improvements integrating all projects, on a weekly basis to local area management and Project Managers.
- Ensure issues are escalated, recorded and action plans are in place.
- Generation of enablement reports, detailing a routemap of project entry into service along with line balancing opportunities.
- Be key in supporting projects using Airbus tools. Ensuring key milestones are achieved on time with effective maturity and reliability.
- Lead the local involvement scheme, capturing ideas from across the business and supporting their development by engaing the workforce through to the solution being realised.
- Drive and influence change in a developed manufacturing environment in line with Airbus' vision and strategy.
- Evolve along with changing priorities within the business.
- Promote Airbus' vision and strategy through effective lean working.
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the placement studying towards a degree in one of the following:
- Aerospace or Manufacturing Engineering
- Be self-motivated in managing personal goals and objectives.
- Provide support to the team as required to ensure planned targets are met.
- Integrate in to the team governance profile adopting Airbus policies and procedures.
- Focus on removal of non-value added activities. Efficiency is key in this role and leading by example to all levels.
- Being able to act autonomously, recognising when support is required and seeking advice.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.).
- Excellent communicator (both written and oral) with strong influencing skills.
- Customer focus and the ability to integrate well within the business.
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and deliver on commitments.
- High level of team working, adherence to standards, highly analytical coupled with practical skills, able to apply flexibility, imagination and creativity to problem solving with drive and enthusiasm.
- A mind-set to explore and work above and beyond, challenging the norm and thinking blue sky.
- Ability to process map operations and input into a value stream map.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!