Recruitment and Marketing Internship
Description of the job
Start date: 2nd July 2018
Part of the Airbus Employment Operations, the Early Careers Team is responsible for the attraction, recruitment and on-boarding of Apprentices, Interns and Graduates.
The successful candidate will play an active role in this team, working across the Airbus divisions with a focus on Airbus in the UK. They will be getting involved in aspects of candidate attraction and recruitment. This placement will give the successful candidate a real insight into the process of recruitment cycles and employment marketing. This person must be organised, creative, and have fantastic communication skills as they will be involved in many projects throughout the business.
Statement from our current Marketing and Recruitment Intern: "My 12 month placement has far exceeded expectations. You are given an active role and a high level of responsibility within the company, and I have been able to fully put into practice all academic knowledge gained throughout my first two years at university. I feel that I have developed as a person and now know that marketing is definitely the career path that I am going to pursue".
- Assisting in the analysis, design and development of recruitment Marketing Campaigns targeting Apprentices, Interns and Graduates
- Logistical planning and implementation of presence at targeted careers fairs
- Stakeholder management and securing resource from suppliers and employees
- Representing the business and Recruitment Team through on campus activity around the country to support candidate attraction
- Key actor in managing the team budget and the Purchase Order process
- Research report production to support identification of improvements for future campaigns
- Contribution to projects aimed at improving the candidate experience; campus activity and use of social media.
- Working with the Recruitment Team in tasks including:
- Candidate co-ordination
- Liaising with the business
- Reviewing, sifting and selection of applications
- Arranging and facilitating assessment centres
- Supporting various administrative processes including Expenses, Security & Medical Clearance
- Generation of Offers and maintenance of records/trackers
- Co-ordination and execution of Graduate Induction
Please note our internships are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement. You will need to be working towards a degree in one of the following disciplines: Business, Marketing, HR with business modules.
In addition, the following skills are required:
- Good IT skills (MS Office)
- Good data management skills
- Analytical reasoning and problem solving ability
- Able to work on your own initiative
- Ability to write concise technical reports
- Ability to work in a trans-national environment
- Team worker
- Honesty, integrity and openness
- Creative and innovative mind-set
- An interest in the aviation industry and a basic knowledge of Airbus
- A willingness to travel between UK
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!