Engineering Internship - Aircraft Architecture and Integration
Description of the job
Start Date: 2nd July 2018
Duration: 12 Months
The Aircraft Architecture and Integration centre represents the technical backbone of Airbus, ensuring overall aircraft integration, enhancing the efficiency of the company and its products and ensuring a complete aircraft view is maintained throughout the life of the product, from conceptual design to in-service supportability. The Aircraft Architecture & Integration Centre has Internships available within the Future Projects, Operability and Product Integrity Offices.
- Future Projects: The Future Projects Office offers an excellent opportunity to be involved with, and influence, the next generation of Airbus products during the early phases of design. The work is ideally suited to those with a strong interest in the whole aircraft, including all aspects of its design, manufacture and operation. The Future Projects Office in the UK is based in Filton and consists of approximately 30 engineers. We work extremely closely with the equivalent groups based in France, Germany and Spain under one management structure.
- Operability: The Aircraft Operability Innovation team is exploring ideas to potentially transform future aircraft operations with the aim of significantly enhancing Aircraft usability, availability, reliability and cost. The scope of existing ideas includes ground, flight and maintenance operations of aircraft. The Future by Airbus initiative is a good starting point to understand the types of innovation that we are exploring.
- Product Integrity: The Product Integrity team works with all Airbus technical domains, Suppliers, Airlines and worldwide Aviation Authorities across the complete life cycle of each aircraft program in order to ensure the Airworthiness and Certification of Airbus products. It also represents Airbus in airworthiness authority rulemaking initiatives to disseminate regulatory expertise.
You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement studying towards a degree in one of the following disciplines:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
In addition to the above, the following skills are required:
- Keen interest in the aviation industry
- Good understanding of MS Office
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write concise technical reports
- Strong team player who is also able to use their own initiative
- Programming skills or understanding (e.g. Visual basic, C+, Python) is be beneficial but not essential
- The ability to speak other languages is advantageous but not essential, and willingness to travel and work in an international environment is beneficial
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!