Business Manager Graduate Scheme
As European leader in technology and engineering consultancy with 28 000 employees in 24 countries, ALTEN has stayed true to its origins in engineering, with a global and ambitious development strategy.
ALTEN Ltd holds the fastest growth of the ALTEN international perimeter and is currently involved in innovation development for the automotive, aerospace, railway, IT and energy industries with premium customers in the UK. The subsidiary has now a deep market-penetration ensuring solid foundations to guarantee fast and sustainable development.
Through this Graduate Scheme, ALTEN is willing to offer the opportunity to young potentials to evolve within a growing engineering organisation and contribute to the development of ALTEN business and management activities in the UK. This scheme will enable a long-term progression within the organisation and a continuous increase of responsibilities through the programme, supported by intermediary trainings and certifications. All graduates will benefit from ALTEN Internal Business Academy: Amplify.
In order to ensure a well-rounded development, the Business Manager Graduate Scheme will be split in 3 placements of 6 months each covering different positions leading towards a complete Business Management path.
- Step 1 - Consultant
- Step 2 - Recruitment officer
- Step 3 - Junior Business Manager
Working as a consultant, you will have the opportunity to be involved in a challenging engineering environment for one of our customers.
ALTEN Ltd is currently involved in R&D, manufacturing, supply chain, procurement, design, testing, validation, system engineering in the following sectors: automotive, aerospace, railway, IT and energy industries.
2. RECRUITMENT OFFICER
As a Recruitment officer, you will be in charge of selecting and recruiting the most talented engineers on the market. You will learn all the steps of the recruitment process and you will work closely with the Business Managers providing profiles in line with our clients’ requirements.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Sourcing and screening candidates’ CVs using various channels: job-boards, job adverts, LinkedIn, etc.
- Performing prequalification interviews
- Following-up the recruitment process
- Managing a pool of candidates in line with business stakes
3. JUNIOR BUSINESS MANAGER
As Junior Business manager, you will create and develop your own portfolio of clients. You will have the possibility to develop your business in a technical environment.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Maximising the potential of your future business unit by designing your business plan with mid-size and major accounts in the British industrial market
- Creating new business opportunities by prospecting new customers
- Participating in the recruitment process: establishing your own recruitment plan, conducting interviews with engineers, negotiating the offer, welcoming them in your team
- Being in charge of the career evolution of your engineers within Alten
- Managing the level of service of your team on your clients’ projects, the financial performances of your activity and the customer relation and satisfaction to build long-term partnership
Who is The Programme Right For?
- You should graduate (i.e. complete your studies before the programme start date) with a Masters (or equivalent) degree from any of the following disciplines:
- You will fit in best if you have an entrepreneurial mind-set, are results-driven and have undertaken any leadership position during your studies or in a professional environment. You are an ambitious graduate with excellent communication skills and a strong drive to tackle new challenges and find creative solutions.
- Native or Bilingual English required.
- Online Application
- Phone Pre-qualification
- Assessment day
- Panel Interview