2018 Graduate Technical Researcher
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptional talent, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It is as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
About the role:
The Amazon Web Services business (AWS), a leader in Cloud Computing, is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic graduates to join its fast-paced world as a Technical Graduate in September 2018.
As Graduate Technical Researchers, you will receive deep dive training in modern infrastructure management and application development. Training opportunities will include comprehensive training programs and multi-day classroom courses, with opportunities to achieve industry respected certifications. Throughout the role as a Technical Researchers you will be exposed to relevant real-world challenges of large and well-known technology organizations based in UK and Ireland.
If successful, you will build, document and communicate reference technical solutions in partnership with veteran AWS Solutions Architects. The ability to demonstrate measurable business value against the latest technology best practices and creating compelling documents to this effect is essential for the Graduate Technical Researcher.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Review and improve architectural designs for reference solutions.
- Build templates that orchestrate launching of solutions.
- Write documents that describe and justify design choices of solutions.
- Occasionally support early stage customer enquiries directly.
- Work with Solutions Architects to investigate customer requirements.
- Track feature requests of customers and notify customer support roles once new features are available.
- 2:1 or above Bachelor of Science degree in a related technical discipline.
- Coding or scripting language with Java, Python, Go, Bash or similar.
- You will be results driven with analytical capability, with the ability to invent and simplify current process and practices.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ownership of personal or educational technical projects.
- Object oriented programming experience or relational database querying experience.
- Familiarity with web application hosting, IoT or big data.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!