Intern – Business Analyst Intern
We’re looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students and recent grads to join us at the heart of our core consumer business. As a business analyst intern you will join one of our business intelligence, retail or seller services teams in our European Headquarters in Luxembourg.
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany. Luxembourg boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living.
The role provides an opportunity to understand Amazon business and processes, enhance analytical skills, and make significant business impact. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic and multicultural environment.
Start date will be July 2018 and the duration of the internship will be six months.
- Deliver and improve metrics to track and optimize vendor experience when interacting with Amazon by deep-diving into the data to identify root drivers of behavior and help bring scalable and meaningful improvements to our vendors
- Working with operational, finance, retail and technical teams across the organization to identify opportunities, develop sound business cases and drive measurements of actions to continuously improve on the inputs and ultimately the outputs of the business
- Working with large volumes and big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts and, above all else, is passionate about data analytics and SQL
- Working with business intelligence tools, comfortable accessing and working with big data from multiple sources, and passionately partners with the business to identify strategic opportunities and deliver results.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
- You are in your last semester of a Bachelor’s or Master’s program or have graduated less than six months ago.
- Your degree is in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Business or a similar field.
- You are an advanced Excel user, very comfortable with software and tools and have basic SQL knowledge or the desire to learn.
- Analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and concepts.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
All offers for internships are conditional on verification of the right to work Luxembourg and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
As this is a temporary position, no relocation assistance is offered for this role. Candidates must have a valid EU or Luxembourg work permit to apply for this role.
- Programming experience and basic knowledge of SQL is a strong plus.
- Experience using databases with a large-scale data set
- Experience in gathering requirements, formulating the right data models and access tools when building comprehensive data decks
- Experience with data visualization software Knowledge of other European languages a plus.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!