Finance Analyst – Placement Year Students
As a Finance Intern you’ll work alongside, and support managers gaining a deep insight into the financial systems, processes and controls used to record Amazon’s growing volume of daily, weekly and monthly transactions.
You will learn how Finance supports the various business teams in forecasting and analyzing actual financial results, managing the external reporting of Amazon’s quarterly financial statements and inputting to the launch of new customer-focused initiatives to ensure customers can find and discover anything and everything they want online.
About the role
As part of our commitment to your development, during your 12-month placement you will gain exposure to areas within our Finance Department including Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Commercial Finance. These teams are responsible for the following:
- Monthly internal financial results close process
- Quarterly consolidated financial reports released to public
- Annual certification of effectiveness of financial reporting controls and statutory financial statements
- External Relationship Management with Vendors and Customers
- Internal Relationship Management with Vendor Managers and other Finance Teams
- Process Improvement including Kaizens and Greenbelts
- Financial and Commercial Risk Management including bad debt risk and vendor shipment holds
- Partner with Shared Service Centres in India and Slovakia
- Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts
- Modelling expected impact of new initiatives
- Analysing variations against expected results
- A competitive salary
- The opportunity to join Amazon’s graduate scheme
We would encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment. Our vacancy close dates may, therefore, be subject to change.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Studying for a degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Studies or other directly related subjects (expecting a 2:1 or better)
A desire to take ownership for projects from Day One and a strong customer centric work ethic is key. You’ll be self-motivated and flexible in your approach to work with a keen eye for detail. In addition you’ll demonstrate a drive for continuous learning and self-development. A passion for working with diverse teams and different cultures at an international level is important.
You’ll have strong analytical acumen and interpersonal and communication skills and be someone who is comfortable with ambiguity, working with large databases, making assumptions with imperfect data and presenting findings to management stakeholders.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!