Graduate Area Manager
The Amazon’s Graduate Team is hiring for our 2017 Area Managers for our Operations business and Shift Managers for our Logistics business. If you are interested in joining a pioneering business please submit your CV and a member of the graduate recruitment team will be in touch. #AmazonGradsPioneer
Amazon delivers millions of products to hundreds of countries worldwide. Our teams possess a wide range of skills and expertise, from business analysis and inventory management to engineering. With more than 80 Fulfillment Centers worldwide, Amazon is growing at a pace that requires the best and brightest talent to be brought in to our company to help us continue to make history.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand is growing. To meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our Operations and Logistics teams across Europe.
About the Graduate Area/Shift Manager roles
Amazon is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic graduates to join the fast paced world of Logistics in European Operations as a Graduate Area Manager or Graduate Shift Manager in our last mile delivery teams. These will be permanent roles from day one with structured onboarding and plenty of training and support.
A Graduate Manager is a manager with a bias for action. You will manage day-to-day operations in one of the segments from inbound to outbound (receiving, stowing, picking, packing, and shipping) and liaise with other departments to ensure a smooth flow of operations. You will need to be comfortable making decisions in constantly evolving fast-paced environments. In Amazon, Graduate Managers are in charge of one department within the Fulfillment Center or Delivery Station and tasked to deliver the targeted key performance indicators; As a Graduate Manager you will be running systems and processes, you will be on the floor leading shifts with a large team of Associates and Leads and you will be their primary point of contact.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for measuring, evaluating and improving the processes in the areas of Transportation, Supply Chain and Logistics, obtaining and reporting on key metrics and data whilst driving production within your area. Through your work, you will continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the Fulfilment Centre and Delivery Stations provide to our customers.
During the course of your graduate programme, you’ll have the chance to work alongside experienced leaders, giving you a unique insight into our business and the skills you need to excel within it.
The Fulfilment Centre’s looking for our future graduate leaders in the UK are as follows:
- Hemel Hempstead
The Delivery Stations looking for our future graduate leaders in the UK include but are not limited to:
- Bromley by Bow
- Hemel Hempstead
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
- We would like to see you demonstrate strong leadership ability and excellent communications skills across all levels within a diverse culture.
- You will be results driven with analytical capability, with the ability to innovate and simplify current process and practices.
- You should have strong decision making skills
- You will be willing to work to flexible schedules. This is highly likely to include weekends and night shifts. You will be willing to commit the time required to get the job done.
Basic role Requirements
- Obtained or be working towards your Bachelor's Degree. Students in their final year of study are eligible to apply.
- Flexibility to relocate for the position if needed
- The right to work in the UK without visa sponsorship
- Ability to commence full time employment in 2017
- Willing to work in non traditional shift pattern which may include nights and weekends
- MBA students, and candidates with more than 2 years of full time work experience are encouraged to apply to our Pathways Operations Manager position.
- Degrees in Logistics, Business, Management, Operations - or any Engineering discipline are preferred but not mandatory
- Evidence of leadership skills – perhaps you were president of a sporting or social club at university or took the lead in charity work or a group project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Previous work experience – a summer job, internship or full- time role; if it’s in an operations or customer-facing environment so much the better
- The ability to speak and write another European language, particularly German, French, Italian or Spanish would be an advantage
- The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
Please visit our website and search for University MBA & Graduate.
Following your application we will take you through the initial stages of the recruiting process. On-site face to face interviews will not be arranged until autumn/winter 2016.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
# EUGradHiring #AmazonGradsPioneer
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!