2017 Finance Undergraduate Summer Internship Programme
Finance is at the centre of all key business decisions. Our roles require individuals that will think strategically, develop high impact relationships, collaborate and communicate effectively and ensure financial integrity for American Express and its clients.
Join the Finance team and you will help grow our business and uphold our reputation as one of the premier finance organisations in the world. Whether you’re working with a small business or a major corporation, you have the latitude and resources available to make an impact. As a Finance Intern, you will help refine and evaluate the impact of pricing, programs and new customer offerings.
The Summer Internship Programme commences in June 2017 for 10 weeks. It consists of the following components:
- Introduction to American Express through an induction day and training sessions
- Meaningful projects which will have real business impact
- Regular Speaker Series with senior management
- Social and networking events
- Structured performance management process and regular feedback
What type of work can you expect to do in Finance at American Express?
- Develop relationships in a complex global matrix organisation
- Provide analytic support and financial planning; develop and maintain investment decision tools
- Gather and analyse information from a wide array of sources; identify market trends and articulate how those trends impact business models
- Work closely with business unit leaders within a quick turn-around time frame to ensure timely and meaningful decisions
- Obtain a comprehensive understanding of the business and its needs
We have the know-how, financial background and global reach to make nearly any idea a reality. Do these describe you?
Finance Talent Attributes
- Analytical skills
- Ability to manipulate and synthesise financial data and draw meaningful conclusions
- Strong commercial acumen and being able to see the bigger picture
- Planning and forecasting capabilities
- Ability to accurately maintain and update existing financial and economic models
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Self-motivated with the ability to identify opportunities and a strong willingness to learn
- Ability to build relationships across teams and effective networking skills
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme (any degree discipline)
- The programme is open to students in the penultimate year of study
- A minimum of 320 UCAS points and a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent
London , Brighton and Burgess Hill
American Express’ heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from an express mail business in 1850, to one of the world’s largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we’ve never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace.
From our high employee Satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognized as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built –trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law. If you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on email@example.com.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!