2017 Technology Undergraduate Summer Internship Programme
American Express is continuing an exciting transformation driven by an energetic team. This diverse and creative group has the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have an interest in improving your skills in a tech environment while meeting innovative thinkers and serving our customers across physical and digital spaces, join our transformation team!
Technology Interns that join our Technology group from a variety of backgrounds can be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are developing new virtual Internet-based payment solutions, customer service portals, online merchant services support and integration, credit management tools, and suites of web-based applications for Card Member targeted offers that will span over 20 international markets. As part of the American Express Technology team you will have the opportunity to work on world-class Card Member experiences on multiple channels including web, iOS, and Android, You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
American Express values applications from all candidates with a diverse range of backgrounds. Our organisation aims to foster a progressive work environment and we have received awards such as Top 50 Companies For Executive Women (National Association for Female Executives & Working Mother), 100 Best Companies to Work For (FORTUNE Magazine), Best Places to Work For LGBT Equality (Human Rights Campaign), and Best Companies for Multicultural Women (Working Mother Magazine).
What type of work could you expect to do as a Technology Summer Intern at American Express?
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Design work, such as user experience or graphic design
- Serving as a member of a team that designs and/or develops software applications
- Learning technical skills, writing code, conducting code reviews and testing
- Working with product managers to prioritise features for new products and managing a list of requirements based on industry trends and new technologies
- Taking part in social activities, charity days, and fun projects with other graduates, interns, and apprentices
We have the know-how, technology and global reach to make nearly any idea a reality. All that's missing is you!
Here are the skills and experience we look for:
- Creative, collaborative thinker
- Can identify opportunities for innovation and change
- Passion for technology
- Desire to learn
- Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical business partners
- Ability to work well with a team and contribute
Good to have:
- Experience developing products or projects in an academic or professional setting
- Some entry level software development experience or design or creative experience
- A technical background is beneficial but not required. We are looking for passionate, fast learners willing to take on new challenges, more than specific technical experience.
Currently enrolled in or completed a Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Design, Mathematics, Computer Science or other scientific, technical, or creative discipline preferably with a 2:1 or recent experience in a similar role
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!