2017 Operations Undergraduate Summer Internship Programme
American Express, the world’s most respected service brand, has excellent opportunities to work in our Global Servicing Network (GSN) and Travel and Lifestyle Services (TLS) organizations. GSN delivers extraordinary customer care to Card Members and Merchants around the world, while providing world-class Credit, Collections and Fraud services, and driving revenue growth for the company.
TLS serves American Express Card Members around the world with a full range of travel and lifestyle services, from trip planning and booking to enhancing the broader travel experience and procuring experiences. You will have the opportunity to work with colleagues in 21 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia, to give a truly global perspective.
American Express empowers its Graduates to innovate and lead change and drive efforts that have a significant impact on our business. Our Graduates serve as internal consultants to a dynamic service environment supporting our call center operations, making valuable contributions to our organization and are responsible for improving the economics and quality of our Operations.
The Programme commences in June 2017 for 10 weeks. It consists of the following components:
- Introduction to American Express
- Speaker sessions with senior management
- Social and networking events
- Personal development
- Meaningful project
- Buddy programme
- Mid-term and final performance reviews.
What type of work can you expect to do as an Operations intern at American Express?
- Evaluate processes and systems for opportunities to optimize and transform our business operations, through improving operational performance, customer satisfaction, and operational financials
- Lead, partner, and liaise with diverse customer groups such as Technologies, Marketing, Risk, Finance and Compliance to deliver project implementation and successful outcomes
- Leverage project management skills and principles to keep project on schedule and on time
- Analyse data with analytical, statistical, and optimization techniques to identify insights, opportunities, relationships, and quantify/measure results
We have the know-how, innovative drive and global reach to make nearly any idea a reality. All that's missing is you! Do these describe you?
- Ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing ) with Leaders and peers in a clear, consistent manner
- Adept at problem solving and quantitative analysis using superior analytical skills
- Understanding of continuous process improvement and problem solving methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or in teams
- Results driven with the ability to manage projects and initiatives to completion
- Demonstrated ability to drive project implementation working with diverse customer groups
- Desire to lead operational teams
- European Language capability is a bonus!
Knowledge, exposure, or expertise including:
- continuous improvement
- complex problem solving
- cost benefit analysis
- project management
- operations research
- data mining
- regression analysis
- quality control / statistical process control
- work/motion study
- design of experiments
- process or value stream mapping
- leading teams
- presenting ideas
- influencing and persuading
- The programme is open to all penultimate year students from any degree discipline
- A minimum of 320 UCAS points and a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent
American Express’ heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from an express mail business in 1850, to one of the world’s largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we’ve never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace.
From our high employee Satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognised as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built –trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law. If you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on email@example.com
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!