2017 Marketing Undergraduate Summer Internship
Marketing is what allows an organisation to communicate with customers, gather feedback and tailor offerings to meet their needs today and in the future. Marketing captures, conceptualizes and sells innovative ideas that make customers’ lives easier. As you might imagine, this is especially critical for a company with a passion for service at its core and with a history of reinvention.
At American Express, our marketing groups provide customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Our customers include our card members as well as the small businesses, merchants and corporations that are all members of the dynamic American Express network. As a part of our Marketing organisation, you’ll have the opportunity to expand this network, grow our brand in the digital marketplace, create compelling value propositions, shape marketing strategies with extensive market and consumer data, and optimise relationships with key customer groups. If you seek a challenge, have a mind for marketing, and a knack for research, consider spending your placement year with American Express.
The Programme commences in summer 2017 for 10 weeks. It consists of the following components:
- Introduction to American Express
- Meaningful projects
- Speaker sessions with senior management
- Social and networking events
- Group assignment
- Buddy programme
- Mid-term and final performance reviews
What type of work can you expect to do as a Marketing Summer Intern?
- Find innovative ways to improve the customer experience
- Lead end-to-end marketing initiatives; develop and implement tests to measure effectiveness
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the business and its needs
- Research and analyse data to help businesses improve performance and drive growth
- Build and track performance indicators to measure success and better understand customer behaviour
- Develop cost-benefit analyses to determine feasibility of new opportunities
- Develop relationships with a variety of internal and external partners
- Share and leverage marketing best practices and provide marketing consultancy to team
We have the know-how, innovative drive and global reach to make nearly any idea a reality. All that's missing is you! Do these describe you?
Here are the skills and experiences we are looking for:
- Strong customer focus and project management skills
- Ability to conceptualise and sell ideas
- Strong negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- Team player and individual contributor
- Strong analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills
- Demonstrated strategic thought leadership to get results
- The programme is open to all penultimate year students from any degree discipline
- A minimum of 320 UCAS points and a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent
American Express’ heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from an express mail business in 1850, to one of the world’s largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we’ve never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace.
From our high employee Satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognised as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built –trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!