2017 Technology Full Time Graduate Programme
American Express is continuing an exciting transformation driven by an energetic team. This diverse and creative group has the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have an interest in improving your skills in a tech environment while meeting innovative thinkers and serving our customers across physical and digital spaces, join our transformation team!
Technology Graduates that join our Technology group from a variety of backgrounds can be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are developing new virtual Internet-based payment solutions, customer service portals, online merchant services support and integration, credit management tools, and suites of web-based applications for Card Member targeted offers that will span over 20 international markets. As part of the American Express Technology team you will have the opportunity to work on world-class Card Member experiences on multiple channels including web, iOS, and Android, You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
What type of work could you expect to do as a Technology Analyst at American Express?
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Design work, such as user experience or graphic design
- Serving as a member of a team that designs and/or develops software applications
- Learning technical skills, writing code, conducting code reviews and testing
- Working with product managers to prioritise features for new products and managing a list of requirements based on industry trends and new technologies
- Taking part in social activities, charity days, and fun projects with other graduates, interns, and apprentices
We have the know-how, innovative drive and global reach to make nearly any idea a reality. All that's missing is you! Do these describe you?
Here are the skills and experience needed:
- Creative, collaborative thinker
- Can identify opportunities for innovation and change
- Passion for technology
- Desire to learn
- Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical business partners
- Ability to work well with a team and contribute
Good to have:
- Experience developing products or projects in an academic or professional setting
- Some entry level software development experience or design or creative experience
- A technical background is beneficial but not required. We are looking for passionate, fast learners willing to take on new challenges, more than specific technical experience.
Currently enrolled in or completed a Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Design, Mathematics, Computer Science or other scientific, technical, or creative discipline with preferably a 2:1 or recent experience in a similar role
American Express’ heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from an express mail business in 1850, to one of the world’s largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we’ve never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace.
From our high employee Satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognised as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built –trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on email@example.com
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!