Customer Service and Business Strategy Undergraduate Summer Internship Programme
The Global Servicing Network (GSN), and Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) are two of our company’s largest divisions, making up over 50% of the American Express business, with employees in 25 countries across the world.
GSN delivers extraordinary customer care to card members, corporate clients and merchants around the world, while providing world class fraud protection and driving revenue growth for the company.
TLS serves American Express Card Members around the world with a full range of travel and lifestyle support, from trip planning and booking to enhancing the broader travel experience and procuring premium experiences; from seats at the chef’s table to planning a wedding ceremony that includes a private helicopter tour into the Grand Canyon!
Our service is an award-winning competitive differentiator and is at the heart of our company’s vision. Our passion for attracting and retaining amazing talent is what makes us stand out as an employer of choice.
The Summer Internship Programme commences in June 2018 for 10 weeks. It consists of the following components:
- Introduction to American Express through an induction day and training sessions
- Meaningful projects which will have real business impact
- Regular Speaker Series with senior management
- Social and networking events
- Structured performance management process and regular feedback
What type of work can you expect to do in Customer Service and Business Strategy at American Express?
Customer Service and Business Strategy will offer you varied experiences and a view of end-to-end business management. Your opportunities are diverse; you could be working on employee motivation, capabilities product management, process engineering, risk strategy or customer experience, among a broad range of other possibilities.
You will experience new challenges, build a diverse skillset, and gain insight into how the largest part of American Express works end-to-end. Your contributions will have a direct and measurable impact on how we deliver differentiated servicing, continually engage our valued employees, drive revenue growth, and find new, efficient ways of doing business. We value our interns – you bring a fresh perspective to our business; in return for your time, we will commit to supporting your development, and giving you the freedom, tools and encouragement to drive innovation.
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or in teams
- An ability to communicate well with people at all levels
- Be analytical, with an interest in both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Have an interest in process improvement and the different ways of solving problems
- Solutions focussed
- Results driven with the ability to manage projects and initiatives to completion
- Experience within customer service is important
- You should have a strong interest in improving the customer experience
- European Language capability is a bonus
- Experience within a general management/operational role is also a bonus!
- Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme (any degree discipline) in your penultimate year of study
- A minimum of 320 UCAS points and a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team, find the contact information on our website.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!