Technology Graduate Programme
American Express is continuing an exciting transformation driven by an energetic team. This diverse and creative organisation has the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have an interest in improving your skills in a tech environment while meeting innovative thinkers and serving our customers across physical and digital spaces, join our transformation team!
Graduates who join our Technology group will be assigned to one of many exciting teams that are developing new virtual Internet-based payment solutions, customer service portals, online merchant services support and integration, credit management tools, and suites of web-based applications for Card Member targeted offers that will span over 20 international markets.
As part of the American Express Technology team you will have the opportunity to work on world-class Card Member experiences on multiple channels. We are looking for Graduates to join our rotational programme, allowing you to choose from a number of potential roles within our agile Scrum teams; such as Software Engineers, Data Architects, Quality Assurance Engineers, Product Owners and hybrid roles across the organisation, giving you the skills and experience to help you accelerate in your career.
What type of work can you expect to do in Technology at American Express?
- Identify exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predict future challenges
- Develop software applications as part of a Scrum team
- Learn technical skills, write code, conduct code reviews and testing
- Work with product managers to prioritise features for new products and manage a list of requirements based on industry trends and new technologies
- Design work, such as user experience or graphic design
- Bespoke learning and development programme, e.g. technical, leadership, networking and soft skills
- Opportunity to collaborate and network with the external start-up community
- Take part in social activities, charity days, and projects with other graduates, interns, and apprentices
Are you up for the challenge?
- Programming experience (in at least one coding language) – you will be required to complete a technical test as part of the assessment process
- Creative, collaborative and curious thinker
- Can identify opportunities for innovation and change
- Passion for technology
- Desire to learn
- Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical business partners
- Capable of working well in a team environment and contributing
Good to have:
- Experience of developing products or projects either in an academic, professional or personal setting
- Some entry level software development experience or design or creative experience
- We are looking for passionate, fast learners willing to take on new challenges
Ideally enrolled in or completed a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or another scientific, technical, or creative discipline, with at least a 2:2 or recent experience in a similar role.
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Application Deadline: 17th June 2018. Please note the assessment centre will take place on 9th July 2018 (this is subject to change)
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!