Amey Graduate Development Programme
Our two-year Graduate Development Programme starts you on a journey to develop your career in a challenging, dynamic and supportive work environment. We’ll give you a real role from day one, so you’ll get invaluable experience and exposure working on varied and exciting projects for a large, diverse and ambitious organisation.
We want graduates who excel in their subject and who’ll bring talent, drive and fresh thinking to help propel our business forward. In return, we’ll provide you with all the support you need to achieve your career goals, because we want you to be successful and grow your career with us.
Account & Role overview
We’re looking for graduates to join our Consulting and Rail business on the Quantity Surveying and Commercial pathway.
Initially the positions will be based on the one of the following with a 6 month rotation providing a varied experience, knowledge base and technical skills:
- The newly awarded multi-billion-pound Wales and Borders contract based out of or Cardiff offices;
- Working for Amey Consulting within the Transpire Alliance which is completing the upgrading the rail route upgrade over the Pennines between Leeds and Manchester.
- An Alliance project valued at £800m to renew and upgrades witches and crossings on railways across the North and Scotland.
- NR’s multi-million-pound infrastructure upgrade of the Midland Mainline based out of various offices between Derby and London
As a commercial graduate, you’ll be supporting the wider commercial function to accurately value the works undertaken and manage the supply chain costs.
The delivery streams that you could be working on include:
- Working with Transport for Wales to manage the supply chain delivering over £700m of improvements to the rail network or assisting the teams maintaining and operating the rail infrastructure.
- Working within the multi-agency commercial team on the design and development of works package target prices for civils works, track, railway system and electrification upgrades valued up to £3bn.
- The candidate will be involved in all aspects of the commercial management of a multi project alliance framework contract delivering infrastructure work across the LNW, LNE, EM and Scotland routes.
- Project awarded under a framework range from £10m – £80m and including significant interventions at various locations including new stations, new track and civil engineering works taking place over the next 3 years. As part of an existing Commercial team in the management of the Supply Chain, interpretation of data and supporting the operational teams in the planning and delivery of design and construction activities
The fast-track graduate programme will provide you with the tools to develop your skills and fulfil your potential, enabling you to move into a relevant role at the end of the programme. You’ll also have the opportunity to rotate across other key areas of the business to allow you to gain exposure to, and experience of, many different aspects of Amey.
What are we looking for?
We treat people as individuals. We want a range of abilities, from practicality and problem solving to precision and creativity. That goes for diversity too. We want a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve and value the experience that you bring to our business.
We are looking for innovative, forward thinking graduates who will help propel our business forward and become our future leaders. You’ll also have:
- Minimum 2:2 in a relevant degree (Construction, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying, Accounting, Finance or Law)
- A ‘Can do’ approach
- Good communication and rapport-building
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Computer literate
- Strong analytical, written, communication and presentation skills
- Creative thinking and commercial acumen
- Proven extra-curricular achievements
- Eligible to work and live permanently in the UK
- Commitment to studying towards professional qualification
- Work experience (desirable)
- Willing to travel/relocate based on the location of each rotation
We place great value on all our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package as well as supporting all graduates to gain a professional qualification through a Professional Institution. We’ll give you first class mentoring and guidance, from the industry experts you’ll be working closely with. Over two years, you’ll cover personal development, business skills and business improvement techniques. You’ll also have the chance to meet your peers and senior management from across the UK at the annual graduate conference. We’ll pay you a competitive starting salary, and if you perform well, we’ll give you a pay rise every six months whilst on the graduate programme. At the end of the programme you can expect to progress into the next level of your chosen career.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!