Undergraduate Programme - Amey
Planning to take a ‘Year in Industry’ as part of your undergraduate degree? Or looking for a short term placement to improve your knowledge? Then look no further. We can provide you with valuable, challenging experiences to compliment your goals.
If you are a first, second or penultimate year undergraduate student looking to obtain practical work experience then our Undergraduate Programme could be for you. We have opportunities all the year round for undergraduate students to join Amey for either a Summer Internship or Year in Industry. We’ll give you valuable work experience and development opportunities, enabling you to work on key projects and experience working alongside technical specialists to support your university studies.
On-the-job learning is an important part of our Undergraduate Programme. If you’re successful in securing a year-long or short term placement with us, you’ll be working on interesting, real-world projects. Working with and supported by technical specialists.
If you’re interested in a career in any of our sectors, our Undergraduate Programme will give you a great understanding of the opportunities available to you. You’ll be able to develop your professional and technical skills and gain valuable experience to add to your CV.
We offer placement opportunities in the following areas:
- Science, Engineering (civil, mechanical, electrical, rail and geotechnical) and Technology
- Quantity Surveying / Commercial
- General Management / Operations
- Business (HR, IT, finance, communications, procurement, legal and bidding)
Who are we looking for?
- Students working towards an undergraduate degree who are predicted to achieve at least a 2:2
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills, with evidence of problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- People who enjoy a challenge – we’ll ask you to work on a whole range of projects, to help you develop your skills
- Ability to use MS Office
- Relevant work experience would be desirable
We’ll need you to be:
- Committed and passionate about your career and our industry
- A natural self-starter, focussed on developing both personal and professional skills to drive your career forwards
- Eligible to work and live permanently in the UK